January 04, 2005

"Next Blog" Button

The "Next Blog" button. I could surf it all day and all night if I didn't have my own business or care about my social life. Or watch so much TV.

But honestly, NB-surfing has opened my eyes and raised questions.

The coolest thing about NB-surfing is how international it is. All sorts of languages out there. I can actually understand some of them, like the ones from England, Australia, Scotland, Ireland. (Je rigole. Ca suffit de dire que je peux assez bien lire les blogs francais aussi. Y los blogs d'america de sud tambien.) Oddly enough, I've only been to one Japanese blog, but I've been there over and over and over. Go figure.

The thing that really chaps my hide while NB-surfing is when I arrive at a site where there is no "Next Blog" button. How is that possible?! That's almost like holding me against my will! What - not enough people visit your site so you want to trap us like flies when we do? Of course, it could be that I just dont' know the trick to NB-surf away from there, and in that case, I'm sorry. But if I'm right! that you TRAP! US! THERE! then you deserve to be deleted.

Sometimes, the blogs are advertisements. Are you serious? Do you really get traffic from that? Puh-leaze. These blogs remind me of obnoxious humans. You just want to minimize your time with them. I get the same feeling when landing on and adblog as I used to when first meeting a Match.com date. "Next!"

There sure are a lot of students blogging. Whole lotta students! And boy, do they like to add the graphics. Whole lotta graphics goin' on there, kids! Easy does it; I only have a 50.6K modem. I know, I know: compu-antiquity. It's very difficult for me to accept any form of antiquity (except of course, vintage Gucci) when I am only 32, for crying out loud.

And then I think of the ultimate grandness of blogworld. Man, it's huge. I mean it's REALLY HUGE! For example: how many NB-surfs do you think it will take for me to land upon my man's blog? RANDOMLY, mind you. JUST BY PRESSING "NEXT BLOG." That chance seems really slim to me, frankly. I can tell you the chances are probably greater that I will hit some goat milk lover's site or a Aiwa stereo dealer site than my "cyber-boyfriend's." But then again, I guess it's all about the Big World, Small World Syndrome. After all, I've run into a work associate in a paper store in Florence, and completely missed a meeting point with a high school friend arriving on a train in France. So there you go, I guess. Button's on autopilot; who knows where it will lead.

1 comment:

Stephane MOT said...

Thanks for "nextblogging" me amy !
From Seoul (wish I were in Frisco its minus 8 Celsius out there but the sky's as usual bluetiful). Stephane