February 23, 2005

Identity Crisis

A friend of mine suggests I consider changing my pen name. He says Gertie is not cheeky enough to represent me. The name doesn't reflect the vitality and girlyness that oft times flirts with the audience. In other words, who he knows, who he reads, and who the blog states wrote it don't jive.

Hmm. Gertie, Gertrude, a true old lady's name. Aren't old lady's names all the rage now? It's part of the whole "name the kid after great grandma, a fruit, or a city" trend. Julia Roberts named her daughter Hazel, Gwyneth's daughter is Apple, and all of us know at least one kid named Paris, Brooklyn, or Dallas. I think I'll name my kid after a country - Bali. Or Mauritius. Or America. But who pays attention to celeb trends anyway?

It would feel wierd to switch up on my readers like that. All of the sudden a girl named Vanessa or Trixie or Francesca has taken over writing? It sounds like the same person. Doi? I'll have to think about it. Guess you'll have to come back soon.

1 comment:

Billy Sugarfix said...

The only thing wrong with Gertie as a pen name, is that you have no last name. Gertie what? Gertie Liquidlaughter? Gertie Nosferatu?