June 16, 2005

For the Sake of a Laugh

Aaah, San Francisco. Sometimes we residents think it is the closest to a European city this side of the Atlantic. We love that. Other times (after walking down Haight Street days before the Haight Street Fair, for example) we feel we live in a metropolitan toilet.

But! The Saving Grace! The Saving Grace is our city's finest party. SO big it's only put on every 2 years. Yes, People, I am talking about the Black & White Ball. With a high ticket price and a "who's who" list of attendees, it's a party that rejuvinates the soul with hope, desire and history.

However. One of my favorite local blogs, the SFist, has just published photos of the event, which took place last weekend. Either the tickets got cheaper, or they gave some away for free, or I just don't know what's "in" anymore, because look what they provided: http://www.sfist.com/archives/2005/06/13/sfist_paints_the_city_black_and_white.php

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Author said...

Oh SFist, don't get me wrong! You're pics are great. And I would go to this junket too, if I could afford it, or be invited, or someone gave me free tix.

I can't imagine the "fuddy-duddies" looking any grander or eliter than the rest of the party-goers, to be honest. I just love that in San Francisco even at the $200+ per ticket events people run the entire gammet on the style scale.