March 17, 2005

Were They This Cute When I Was Young?

Saturday night I went out on the town. Went to Madrone, the cool new bar on the corner of Divis and Fell. I was feeling great in my freshly washed Seven's and the new hot pink scoop tee from Urban Outfitters. Once shedding my wool coat, I was ready to have a good time with The Gang.

My friends visiting from Chicago brought a butt-load of local cousins along, including one tall, dark and cutie pie, the ripe age of 26, who had a personality to boot. Maybe it was one of the first things I said to him ("That adorable smile won't open every door, I'm afraid!"), but he was kind of into me. It was cute.

We moved down the street to another bar, where I spotted a likely mate in a hip green coduroy blazer, white tee and jeans. Yum. As the rest of our party staggled in, he joined up with one of the guys. Goodie - he's with us! Unfortunately, he consumed himself with talking to Chad about paintball and girls.

At closing we moved down the street to Chad's for a little after party. Tall Dark and Cutie Pie was by my side, definitely into me at this point. He asked if I wanted a ride on his motorcycle to Chad's. "It's 2 blocks away," I replied. But he didn't waver! At Chad's he sat next to me, tried to hold my hand, sneeked peaks at the thong peeping out of my low rise jeans when I leaned over to put my beer on the table, and tried to throw my legs over his and embrace me in a cuddle! All of this with the cutest of smiles, and shining dark eyes, even though I wasn't going along with any of it. When my Chicago friends and I left at 4 a.m., Tall Dark Cutie Pie asked for directions to my apartment! I told him it was, sadly, not a slumber party. He was really surprised he wasn't coming back to my place.

This is what I'm wondering, people. Now I know I keep telling you how old I am (32, 32, 32), but I really don't remember guys being that balls-y when I was that age. Balls-y and sweet about it at the same time. Is this a new trend or is this just this one Tall Dark Cutie Pie and he's a phenomenon? Hmm.

And what happened with Green Blazer Guy? Well, he was at Chad's too. Sitting next to me on the couch, so I was sandwiched between the man who liked me and the man I liked. Green Blazer Guy played the guitar and sang Radiohead songs, and sounded awesome. I couldn't believe I stumbled upon a guy who was hip, humble, had a job and could sing Radiohead. But, he obviously wasn't into me, because when I went to the bathroom he left, without saying goodbye. So long, Green Blazer Guy. Bummer.

No comments: