April 13, 2005

Animal Kingdom Update

So I have completed my post as Official Director of the Animal Kingdom of Alameda. I am happy to report that the potty training went well: only zero-to-2 accidents a day (vs. a 3+ when I arrived).

Cat on the Prowl: total score in the cat and mouse game - cat: 7, mice: 0. That's right, people, in the span of 8 days I tossed 7 mice in the garbage. Only later did someone question whether or not I put the still barely alive ones out of their misery. I asked "how could I possibly put a half-dead mouse out of it's misery? Shoot it? Pick it up and break its neck? Both of those options are beyond my capabilities." The response: "Flush it down the toilet." Are you kidding?! That would seem like more torture to me. And is that legally allowed?? Oy.

The final success in Animal Kingdom: Learning that taking the puppies for a 30 minute power walk (rather, they hauled my 130 lb frame around the old naval base), they ended up sleeping for 2 hours. 2 hours! What a boon.

And hey, where'd my font changing capabilities go, Blogger?!

No comments: