November 04, 2005

Pissed On My Parade

I am very glad to say that someone has pissed on my parade.

In my last post, I announced the "End of an Era." I shared the bittersweet feelings I had about moving out of the apartment I have inhabited for the last 9 years. Nine years!

After parking my car this evening, I headed to The Gate that separates My Home from its actual location in The Haight Ashbury. This is The Gate that creates an oasis every time I step through it. Case in point: this evening, within 5 yards of arriving at The Gate, I smelled urine. And as I approached, the smell got stronger. That's right, People, someone had decided that a little nook between my building and the next one over is the perfect place to relieve oneself. Even passing through The Gate and advancing on the porch steps did not alleviate the foul odor.

So when I got inside the front door, I breathed a sigh of relief. Relief not only of being past the portico, which smells so horrendous, but that this will be one of the last times I have to do so. As days pass and packing begins, bitter starts to separate from sweet, and I am growing more excited about the new location.


No comments: