February 05, 2006

Pressure

Well, I asked for it.

I was curious if my blog was just in outer space not getting read by anyone. Which, when I started the blog, was sort of the point: just a creative outlet. I only hoped, if anyone ever "Next Blogged" over to me, that it would at least be a little entertaining to read. But now that I've finally added a visit counter, figured out what tags are and how to add them to the post (that's a story in itself), and fellow blogger
Clarified added me to her link list, I'm newly AWARE that some people actually read this.

Instantly I feel a pressure to perform! How old was my last post? OMG, that was not only lame but it actually asked MORE people to read. I must have been crazy! Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Since I have a few urgent crises in the material world, I hope no one minds if my coping mechanism for the time being is ignorance that you're there. I'll post when I want to post, damnit! Er, not to be impolite or anything. Thanks for reading.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Peeps do Next Blog Over occassionally.
I blog surf from my blogspot blog.

And no, you shouldn't put yourself under pressure. Be yourself, have fun, write about or link to whatever makes you happy.
Tojosan

Author said...

To - I know people Next Blog! I wrote a post about it a year ago (see archives if REALLY care). That's how I found some incredible blogs that I still catch up on today. Cheers.

Eric - Thank Goodness for RSS. SO MUCH less pressure! And yes, I guess I am a bit on the "hard to please" side of the scale, but I'm working on it!

Thanks all for the comments.

Dawn Summers said...

hahahahaha...yes, the pressure to perform can be brutal. Dance, monkey, dance!

:)

Author said...

Fine. I'll dance; but everyone who knows me knows I hate dancing...

Author said...

AND... I'll never dance 3 times a day, like you do, Dawn... impressive to be sure!

Paul said...

Add some photos and work on your profile, and people with be more likely to leave comments.