February 07, 2006

"Something New:" Let's Go See It!

In the DVD rental world, it appears the "Previews" section of the dvd's haven't decided on a consistently defined idea of what a "preview" is.

If you must know my dvd rental viewing habits, first I watch the movie, then the Deleted Scenes, then the Gag Reel - always - even if I didn't like the movie. The few times I have selected "Previews," I have ended up watching previews of the movie I just watched. So a), why the hell put in a Previews section, and b), shouldn't it come up in the menu a lot closer to, or even maybe BEFORE, Play Movie? So since then, I rarely bother.

Anyway... I just finished my "dvd roll" of a flick and somehow wasn't tired enough of the movie to watch the previews of that same movie all over again. So I clicked on it.

But! Guess what? Here in the Previews section were ACTUAL previews of upcoming movies! Wha? (Note to self, even if you didn't love the film, add Previews to your dvd roll.) AND! Looks like a good one coming up:

"Something New." First of all, let's name a few of the hot hot cast: Australian looker Simon Baker (formerly of tv's The Guardian fame, for which he was the only reason I ever watched it), Donald Faison (first of tv's Clueless and now of Scrubs fame), Blair Underwood (no need to cite qualifications here), and one of my "Girlfriends" faves, Golden Brooks. Hello! This is gonna be good.

Second of all, well, I don't have a second of all. I just had to say "second of all" because I put "first of all" above. That thar is the rules of essay composition. However, if I did have a second of all, it would be.... if you're looking for a promising movie to see tonight, and in the line up you see "Something New" but you don't have a clue... it just looks really good. For a romantic comedy, that is. So let's go see it!



No comments: