April 30, 2006

Eyes Wide What

Tonight, I was watching a movie, and having a few sips of wine... and then I pause the movie for None Other Than (drumroll)... Grey's Anatomy. Yes, I admit: I'm a bit hooked. So much so, in fact, that I can tell you last week's ep was not worth watching. Not because I watched it, but because I read the TV Guide preview of it and found it was just a recap of what's gone on all season. Considering I've only missed one episode , I didn't bother to watch last week.

Anyhoo. Tonight, I pleasantly absorbed myself in the velvet candy of G.A. "Velvet" meaning the process of the show's finely vague yet focused "plot." Candy, obviously, is that everyone on the cast is yummy in one way or another to look at.

During the commercial segment, between the last bit and the end of the show, I realized something. Did you ever see the second or third episode of "Lord of the Rings?" The ones in which Froto becomes all wide-eyed and dazed over "Precious?" The ones where his face looks proportionally smaller than what best suits the size of his eyes? Well, hello. Tonight, that was me. I sat here, on my floral couch with my pink blanket covering me... and googled and awed at the waves on the screen. They were incomprehinsible, yet I couldn't turn away. A day of exhausting lacrosse and a couple of beers and WHAMMO, welcome Gertie the Zombie with Big Glossy Eyes. And now that the eyes are trying to focus on turning these words into tiny letters, I go. I go. I go to bed.

Hopefully I won't have any Froto in me tomorrow. But right now, let me tell you - BIG. EYES. (my precious...)

No comments: