April 17, 2006

It's a Good Thing I Sometimes Read the News

I've been so busy lately, that one of my quirky SF news blogs has sat patiently waiting for me to read its feeds. To be honest, I've purposely been tuning out on local news because it is laden with The 1906 Earthquake Anniversary(!) crap and I've already seen that PBS special - at least 3 times. The first 2 times it was really interesting.

So I happened to finally give the blog feed some attention, and Thank God! Because I just found out something very important. If I hadn't known about it - trust me... I'd be first very freaked out, and then VERY PISSED OFF.

"San Francisco residents are being warned not to be alarmed by bells and sirens that are scheduled to sound at 5:14 a.m. Tuesday in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake and fire.

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom has directed fire departments and places of worship across the city to sound their bells and sirens immediately following the traditional moment of silence observed at a ceremony at Lotta's Fountain on Market Street at the junction of Kearny, Third and Geary Streets."

- San Jose Mercury News



2 comments:

Dawn Summers said...

5:14 a.m.

Dude, I would have some serious words for Mayor Newsome. All of them four letters long.

Author said...

Luckily for Gav Gav I didn't hear a thing. Either I was so tired it didn't break REM or the firemen and clergy overslept.