August 16, 2006

Forgive Me Father...

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I chewed out the customer service person who was trying to not help me fix the problem with my cellular phone plan being more than I need. I know it is only his job to keep telling me no you can't, that's the rule, no, my supervisor is not here, no there is no one else who can help you, would you like to leave a callback number? Actually Father, saying I "chewed him out" doesn't quite describe it. I talked over him because he wouldn't shut up about policy, and I raised my voice at him, and I used his name and the "F" word in the same sentence. Twice. While screaming and holding the phone a foot from my face. Twice.

Well, Father, I don't think I need to do any penance for that because he already gave me what I deserved.... he hung up on me. So then I did something worse, Father: I called back and falsely threatened to cancel my service. And the lady, well, you must have sent her to me, because she made the changes to my plan like an angel. But I do feel guilty. What's that? Oh, right. Next time I'll call my rabbi. Sorry about that.

No comments: