January 27, 2006

Mad Hot Ballroom: Rent It.

I Laughed, I Cried, Fuhgeddaboudit! Rent it!

Hello. You HAVE TO rent Mad Hot Ballroom [note: NOT what you think]. C'mon - you're gonna love many many many points about this film:

1. Teachers and classes SHAPE children. So does competition. Let me tell you: this movie [re]opened my eyes to the challenges of teachers. Whether you loved or hated the 'Teach back in the day, the fact is teachers shape PEOPLE. OMG. Can you say love-hate? This movie will make you love them. Again.

2. Cyrus. How can anyone NOT love Cyrus? He is a little Buddha Bad Ass- wise before his time; questioning everything; a pierced left ear at 10 years of age, just really his own delightful person.
3. I love Wilson! From the moment I saw him in that very first frame in which he was shown. I loved him, I swear. Before I knew he was amazing. I guess it is an apparant "star" quality. Wilson! You! Go!
4. Fever: Whoa, girls, settle down! You're what... 10, 11 years old?? You have the intellectual maturity of women beyond my years! The needs you speak of I have only just learned!!!
5. This movie sees souls. Really, you'll see them too.
6. The Indigo Embrassos. I'm crying now. And am I spelling "kisses" right?
7. Moms. I love moms. I hate moms. Sometimes moms f'up, or as children of them we think moms f' up. But they are doing the best they no how (er, hopefully). Honestly, I'm rooting for them.
9. Students excel and teachers cry.
10! Results!

Rent rent rent rent. And then rent Spellbound. OK goodnight.


No comments: