January 20, 2006

The Newest Flickr Addict

Ok, ok, we all know Flickr.com is great. We all use it. And believe you me, I'm the last person to have time on my hands to waste in front of the computer, but I'm addicted to Flickr.

Specifically, I am addicted to "Interestingness." I can reload and reload and reload. There are some fabulous pictures out there. But the thing that has me addicted is the comment section of each photo. Man, there is a WHOLE COMMUNITY out there on Flickr! I mean, the people who comment are almost always connected to the photographer who has uploaded photos. Whether its an added contact or a friend, you get to know the photographers' lives via the comments those people post.

Don't get me wrong; I have a very full life and a whole 'lotta friends. I don't even comment on the photos. But I read the other comments like they are part of the latest literary craze.


So yes, I'm not reading anything new, and my magazines are gathering dust on the coffee table. The newest Flickr addict has arrived.


No comments: