January 06, 2006

New Year, New Digs, and a Deal on Rugs (Yes Rugs, not Drugs)

I know I have been remiss in posting. Last time I checked in I had just moved, early December. AND, btw, didn't mean to diss my Cuz, Crazy Artist, who has also recently moved and felt the trials and tribulations of boxes and post-move organizing! (Happy Hanukah, and glad things are going well with Mailman.)

So, here it is, a new year and a new place. I'm still getting used to the area, which is Super Sleepy compared to the other. I feel like I have to tip-toe down the f*'g sidewalk. Day AND night, no joke. And I'll get used to moving my car every two hours to avoid parking tickets until I get my parking permit. Ah, well, I guess it beats meeting up with the 50+-been here since '69-psycho that yells to me "you're NOT getting a rose tonight, Bachelorette!" every time he sees me walking home after a run through Golden Gate Park. Cuz that really grains on a girl's personal image.

On the flip, if I walk 2 blocks from my new place, I can run to the Golden Gate Bridge. Pretty cool. Now I just need to start running again. Luckily, there is a half marathon in Santa Cruz in April... good time to start training, and that should be a super beautiful run.

Let's see, what can I tell you about the last month? Well, first off, here's a tip for all you hardwood floor people, no matter where you live: instead of buying an overpriced area rug that only half meets your taste, ask about carpet remnants. Of course I have an inside contact, but I got 2 fab white shag remnants for under $50, vs. the usual 5x8 area for $250. Inside, people! Inside scoop! This gift I give to you. Vedy vedy smart!

So the apartment is in full working order and I am figuring the rest out. I also had a visitor this month - yes, Long Distance Guy. LDG was here for 2 weeks during the holidays, and it was so nice to finally have him here.

My job was asleep in the month of December. Granted, I had roped a client into making an offer on an $8 million dollar building, but we didn't get it. Regardless, the fact that my colleagues found out that I had such a client was a boon within itself, but not getting the "trophy" building was a bit of a disappointment, to say the least! Things are looking up on the biz, though, with a new buyer and a new seller all within 2 weeks.

San Francisco was also asleep during the month of December. In fact, everywhere I took LDG to show him how hip SF was, it was DEAD. Which is bizarre. We even got all the cabs we needed on NYE. What else can I say but, after the long month of settling in and spending time with my LDG, I am completely refreshed and relaxed and ready to take on the world. Bring. It. On! Cheers.


No comments: