March 02, 2006

Ah, Meg!

Hey, whatever happened to Meg Ryan? Well, she answered today on Oprah. I'm only into the first few minutes of the "encore" presentation, so I'm really not able to tell you. I probably won't even stay awake the whole time, as much as I'd like to get all the answers.

OK. FIRST, I have to admit, I LOVE Meg Ryan. If I could look any way I could choose in the world, I would choose to look like Meg Ryan (or Goldie Hawn). Must be the bubbly personality. The zest for life - the internal beauty matching the outward.

Now, I am looking at Meg on Oprah, and she does indeed still look beautiful. She does! But I can't help but wonder if it's all real? Has she has some work done or is she STILL that outwardly beautiful? Her lips are lookin' a little bigger. She has fewer wrinkles than me (and I'm 33 for God's sake); it could be the "pancake" or the nice eyebrow waxing, who knows. I still like Meg because I like who Meg is. But have the demands for aged beauty pushed her in a certain direction or has she simply aged gracefully? Hard to tell, because, I do think she's graceful (in a bubbly kind of way).

And I still like The Quaid. Hmm. Wonder what's so bad about a relationship with The Quaid? Wonder how they couldn't work stuff out. Children, I guess. We keep together to keep the children solid. But then again, as a single gal, what do I really know about keeping things together and at what sacrifice? After all, I like The Quaid for his characters and his looks, which are not necessarily his being, which could be all together difficult.

Anyhoo, I guess I shouldn't pass any judgement. What I would like to say is that I am truly jealous of Meg's hair, which I have always strived to achieve, in every era really (except the exceptionally curly ones). But I don't have the thickness required, nor the cheekbones to allow the creativity of style, and so here I sit, just watching Meg. Admiring how her hair cuts and her eyes shine. Meg who is impossible NOT to watch. Botox or lip enhancers or not. She's simply captivating.


No comments: