March 08, 2006

Holy Crap I've Been MEME'd

Dawn Summers, next time you are in Oak-Town or SF you better not breathe a word of it into your blog - cuz I will hunt you down.

First of all, I barely know what a MEME is. Is it all capitalized like that? Actually, I'm smart enough to have read a few MEME posts and figured it out, but my main concerns are: who came up with the name, is it an acronym, is it "me" twice, and how do you pronounce it? I've never been quite interested enough to Google out the answer, so I will play along. This once.

My nickname: I have a few of these. The coolest ones will divulge my true name (which is WAY cooler than Gertie, by the way). But, to make up for that I will also give you some stingers: The Zipper (college and a misnomer!), Aquafresh, Legs

My hometown: Fairfax, California

My team: Uh. I guess I'll go with my alma mater (even though I only watch if they are in Bowl games) University of Colorado Buffalos. Go Buffs.

My theme song: I don't know if this is by El DeBarge or what. I was never good at titles or band names, but it's the song that goes: ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothing gonna slow me down. Oh No! Got to keep on movin'" [disclaimer: a reminder to readers that this is my theme song, not my daily choice in music genre]

My drink: Citron and soda.

My occupation: Sales of sorts

My spare time: Every spare minute I have goes to looking at my RSS aggregator to see if other people are being productive. No. Kidding. But man have I turned into a computer nerd. Other than a little off time sitting on my ass watching for other people to post stuff, I run, take photos, cook, read in cafes, watch TV, rent movies, go out on the town with friends. Damn I'm exciting.

My hiding spot: My apartment.

My book: A Room With a View by E.M. Forrester. That's the one that got me to love reading. I'll be forever grateful. Er, maybe not, because it also gave me false elusions about romance and relationships.

I made it! Do I have to pass this on then? Is it usually to 3 bloggers? Well I'm screwed, cuz I only read 2 blogs, and one of them passed it to me. What happens if I don't pass the MEME? Is it like a chain letter curse? Ah screw it, I'm sending it to my Cuz. I'll also send it to Gib since he felt so left out. Hi Gib, I'm Gertie. Dawn wanted you to have this.

5 comments:

Dawn Summers said...

hahhahaha, well done! See? the key to the meme is doing it right away, like ripping off a band aid real fast!

Oh, I love that song too by the way, but I didn't think it was El Debarge -- upon further search, I found out it's: MATTHEW WILDER lyrics - Break My Stride.

So glad you made Gib feel better. I was wracked with guilt all night.

Picasso Girl said...

Yo Gertie, I see Dawn beat me to the punch....Mathew Wilder. I have always loved that song too.
Bring on the "MEME"
Later Tater (????)

Author said...

I have never even heard the name Matthew Wilder. Good theme song, indeed!

Yeah, Dawn, not too bad, eh? But anyone who knows me will tell you I don't particularly like "games."

Gib said...

I have done the meme. Please advise Dawn she can stand down now.

Author said...

Gib, you're a gem to take all this so well!

On the other hand, cuz, stop sleeping on the job and do the meme.