May 06, 2005

The Wrap

I reminded WR she could try to get us into the SF Intl Film Fest after-party tonight, and she did it! Then I reminded her, while we were there, that she cd try to get us VIP wristbands, and she did!
Then I met a handsome lawyer, who was dating a beautiful Claudia Schiffer look-a-like, who ended up being very nice yet worried about me stealing her man. We also met a Harley-riding 50-something who bought us drinks, and a German translator, then bumped into some brothers we met at the SFIFF opening party , re-met the guys representing the Martha Bros. Coffee booth (one hot, one not), and saw this really disgusting, Buddha-type Asian who had been sitting on a square cube all Buddha-style while slurping up all the asian noodles he could find. On the way out, Buddha was leaving too (with a half-full Corona in his hands) and he kept telling us "see you nest year!! See you nest year!!" I hope to God not. Please. Trust me, you don't want to see a big Asian man sitting all Buddha (i.e. legs wide open with the round belly laying out) noodling himself to death ever again. Even if he is some amazing producer.

On the way home we had the chattiest cab driver ever. I asked him half a question and he went on the entire ride with an answer and a half. It still doesn't bring back my black turtleneck (lost in a cab).

No comments: