June 28, 2006

I've Been Very Busy Gathering Evidence

It is generally easy to park in my new neighborhood, as far as "easy to park" is defined in San Francisco.

But sometimes, late at night, one has to settle for a less than perfect parking spot, like one where your bumpers are sneekily intruding upon the two different homeowners' driveways at either end and you think, "yeah, they can definitely still get out. It'll take some maneouvering, but I'm sure they're skilled enough...as long as there's not a Hummer in there." And then of course, the rule is to set your alarm for 6:30 am and run to move the car before some ass with a $3 Million dollar home calls the Department of Parking and Traffic because he can't get out to make more money.

There are other times, late at night, when you barely have to circle at all before yelling "sweeet!" and sliding the auto into a most excellent spot. Which was what happened on Sunday night. And I totally thought it was a sweet spot, until I got closer and saw the white envelope on my windshield Monday morning. Wha? WTF?! That's a totally legal spot! But aparantly, the DPT thinks it's a sweet spot too, sweet enough to garnish the trolling ticket prick with a $75 fine ticket to Yours Truly. And for what, for what? For parking a weensy bit into the white line of the world's widest crosswalk!

So if I've been a little remiss in posting, it's because I have been taking photos of Every Other Car that has parked there (sans ticket) since Monday morning. 18 in all. Take that you assholes. And give me my $75 back. I've got shoes to buy.

No comments: