November 21, 2006

And 3 Lbs. More - 3 Lbs. Live Blogging

Preface: I will be the first to admit that I think I am funny. Sometimes I think this and I am actually NOT funny. But lemme tell you... this post I just wrote had me laughing out loud... almost thought I didn't write it for a moment... so please, skim or whatever, but I assure you, you'll enjoy it even if you haven't watched the show...

[Note, this is my first attempt at live TV blogging, and I'm already woozy. And, I'm
watching a movie during commercials. Right, and baking banana bread.]

OK, so far on tonite's episode of 3 Lbs., we venture into the concept of the Left and Right sides of the brain. Oh, and "mind control;" i.e., manipulation of another's mind. Oh, and when and when not to use a cell phone in a hospital. Man, this is going to be difficult. I'm such a serial notetaker....

GSW: Gun Shot Wound by illegal guy. Illegal guy has shot himself in the head amidst other things [ed note: stupid]. Wait! There's something MORE intriguing in his brain than a bullet! A subdermal hematoma, oh no. And I guess there is an important other guy as a victim.

Pheromones. Mating. To resist is futile. Whoa. Now people strangers are having sex. What's going on?

A pregnant woman has had a seizure. Never had'em before, so what up? Well, whatevs, the Dox decide she needs one-sided brain surgery and now is doing stuff she has no control over. Like zipping up her sweater. Oooooh, that's horrible! Girl's make-up is too dark for her skin [oh! sorry! that's the movie...]

Kiss kiss, bad big hair. We had sex, does anybody care? Pheromones don't! But maybe a particular lawyer for a particular victim of a particular crime got some medical info no one was supposed to know...

The Indian Doc chick wants to know what the double brained lady is actually doing w/her right brain. So she does some tests and finds out that the right brain hates the impending baby. Poor baby. Baby definitely likes left brain better.

Back to sex. Lawyer woman, trying to deceive the Doc w/the whole pheromone thing while taking advantage for her client as well. Wow, I don't think I'd retain her over Dawn. But Dawn better not tell the tales she does on her site or we're all in trouble.

Double brained chick can't do anything on the left side (meaning right). Ha ha. Right. Oh, ok, some side of the brain is telling her to choose her baby over her life. Yikes. That sucks. Baby doesn't know who to like now. Baby very confused because Baby is inside the womb and can't see which side is right or left, or which it prefers. I'm guessing at the end of the day, Baby will go with whatever side is LIFE. Uh, wouldn't you? Duh. [ed note: most of this was discussed inside the Gertie's head, and not in the actual episode. Oh my God, I am cracking myself up right now.]

Scrubbing in; for what I don't know. But apparantly it was an interlude to some deeper discussion of the characters thus so far discussed so I should never have typed any of this. Oh well.

Right brain is apparantly "over-rated" in double brained lady (uh, need I mention here that all of us are double brained? No? OK). One hemisphere is now the boss of her. But! Both sides share emotions. Doi? Talk about leaving the choice to the patient...

In the victim of GSW Guy, a blood clot pushing on his lobe. Lawyer used the Doc to get an answer [with her pheromones, not her brain, of course]. Doc is in big trouble. By the way, I have noticed this episode that Espresso is the new black apparantly; everyone is wearing CHOCOLATE. [Switch focus.] Seeing drowning ghost girl from first episode. Dear God, will Doug Doc's conscience come into EVERY episode??

Contemplation [in espresso colored room - told you]. Brown suit. See theme. Too lazy to actually hear what they are discussing. My RIGHT arm is itchy (must mean my left brain is pissed). So in reality, I shouldn't have typed any of this, either. Sigh.

Oh stop, everybody, stop! You're believing things that are implied! Or! Vice versa! Or! Even better - - chocolate!! Espresso! The new black! Everybody think cho-co-lad-e and all is grand....

Except. You might not be able to speak;what? Oh, double brain is out of surgery, and everyone is wondering if she has a viable baby and if she can speak. She has a viable baby and can flail her arms. That's kind of happy and sad, really. Appealing to both sides of my brain, if I must admit.

[insert: poor little kids in the movie]

Bullet out. All good. Who's the GSW again? Uh oh. Dream scape with ghost girl. Rip artery in GSW. What does this have to do w/GSW's brain again? Oh right. Nothing. It has to do with the Doc's state of mind. Ooh, mind! Brain! Illusion! 3 Lbs! Wait, now we're back to the double brained mute, who was mutilated in the head and now she also cannot move. But don't forget! She has a viable baby.

GSW is a prisoner, but he's thankful and speaking. Could he perhaps, have traded brains w/another patient? HMMMM. creepy. Who cares? We've seen him for 2.5 minutes in a 60 minute show. Whatevs.

Double sided brain chick is MOVING. Woo hoo. BUT... can she talk? Well, I don't know, because I had to take the damned banana bread out of the oven. Oh well, at least she has a viable baby.

Hey! You know what? That was totally fun. For both sides of my brain.














No comments: