November 05, 2006

Official Results

This morning I ran the US Half Marathon here in San Francisco. About this time last year I ran the Nike Women's Half Marathon, and finished it in 02:13:47. I could barely move the remainder of the day. I think I was horizontal for most of it. Needless to say, it was a brutal initiation to real racing (unlike the 12k Bay to Breakers, which most people do drunk and in costume).

This year, the Nike Women's Half Marathon was sold out in 2 weeks. So the next race was the one I did today, the US Half. I trained with the Nike group, and I trained a lot more than last year, and here are the results!

Official finish time: 02:02:24
Fastest mile: mile 1 - 8:36 mins
Average min/mile: 9.31
Age group place: 70th
Overall place: 274th
Total runners: 3,000 (I was in the top 10%!)
Hrs laying horizontal afterward - only 1 hour!

Gertie sore, but Gertie happy : )

1 comment:

Dawn Summers said...

wow! Congrats!!!